COMMUNITY OF KINDNESS
As Christians, we are called to love our neighbors as ourselves. Please join Service Team for 7 weeks of kindness challenges as we reach out in love to create and celebrate our communities this Lent.
Each week we will highlight a new kindness challenge; take on the task of meeting each weekly challenge or just the ones that speak to you.
- Week of Ash Wednesday, February 28th through March 6th – Send a note to someone who you miss seeing regularly. Let them know you are thinking of them.
- March 7th through March 13th – Check out the websites of the five charities that received Hope Outreach Grants this year: CARES, C4Urban Outreach, Days for Girls, Mend on the Move, and Zaman International. Feeling truly inspired by what you see and read? Reach out and see how you might support the work of one or more of these organizations.
- March 14th through 20th –When grocery or household shopping, buy extra and donate items to Neighborhood House or Active Faith through Hope Lutheran, or to another organization, if you wish. The most requested items at food pantries include cleaning supplies, full-size toiletry items, paper products, can openers, and diapers.
- March 21st through 27th – Make a phone call to or pay a visit to someone who is older than you and will appreciate hearing your voice.
- March 28th through April 3rd - Check out Hope's highlighted charity this month, Lighthouse (South Oakland Shelter), and, if moved to help, please donate to support their mission of feeding three meals a day for 106 local individuals who they are supporting in short-term housing programs.
- Week of Palm Sunday, April 4th through 10th – Help make Easter brighter for children in Foster Care. Donate items and/or help serve at the Easter Breakfast for the foster families of Oakland County Foster Closet on Saturday, April 9th >> Register Here
- Week of Holy Week, April 11th through 17th - Surprise someone living in your neighborhood with an act of kindness. Flowers? A baked good? Help with a household chore?