First...we have two locations both in Farmington Hills, MI and South Lyon, MI.
At our Farmington Hills Site:
We have three worship services every Sunday. Scroll down to learn more about the different 'styles' of worship:
8:00am - Traditional Lutheran Worship
9:30am - Blended Worship (and Sunday School)
11:00am - Contemporary Worship (and Sunday School)
6:00pm - YOUTH Worship (loud, crazy, informal, for youth...but all are welcome!)
Here is what else you can expect every Sunday @ Hope:
- Coffee...need we say more? (we ARE Lutheran after all)
- A completely laid back "come as you are" atmosphere. Feel free to wear jeans, shorts or whatever...just wear something, everyone will appreciate it!
- Great Music in either a style you grew up experiencing in church OR something you recognize from the radio or iPod
- A relevant message that actually applies to life in this digital, electronic, over-networked world we live in
- Fun (and safe) environment for kids and youth to learn about Jesus
- Normal people...yeah, we are just as normal as everyone else (whatever that means)
- Nursery - safe, friendly fun nursery for kids up to 5 yrs old
- Communion at every service
At our South Lyon Site:
We have one service at Abbey Park every Sunday.
10:00am - Traditional Lutheran Worship
Here is what you can expect every Sunday Morning @ Hope:
- A true "come as you are" atmosphere...wear whatever you want
- Warm and welcoming community of all ages
- Yep...we meet in an Independant Senior Living Facility. Why? Because 'church' isn't about a location or a building. "Church" is about community...and this is a warm, caring, friendly, open community...give it a shot!
- Normal people...we are 'normal' in South Lyon as well (and we still don't know what that means)
- Communion every week
An afternoon service at a local coffee shop. What will this be like? Well, we don't really know yet, but we'd love for you to help us shape it! Here is what we hope:
- Located at a local coffee shop (to be announced soon)
- So...yeah...LOTS of coffee for all
- Gather on a Sunday afternoon so you can sleep in and still have family time in the evening
- Guitar led music that is a mix of both old and new music focussed less on individualism and more on community
- Conversation: Sermons are always monologues where someone tells the rest of us about God. We hope maybe we can create a community where we can share with each other our experiences, doubts, fear, and joys of God in our midst.
- Communion every week. Why? There is no better symbol of God's intention for the world than a table where EVERYONE is welcome to take a seat and participate
Hope is a community that is built on Traditional Lutheran Worship.
At Hope you will find traditional worship that keeps the integrity and traditions of worship that celebrate Lutheran values and rites.
At this service you will experience liturgy from the 'cranberry book' (ELW), hymns accompanied by organ, robes, and Communion every week.
See you at 8:00am every Sunday!
Hope's contemporary worship is an energetic and dynamic experience of contemporary music with elements of traditional worship (such as Communion every week) that keep the integrity of our church's traditions.
At this service you will experience a mix of songs that you might hear on Christian radio (iPod, Pandora, Spotify). This service is certainly on the loud side with guitars, drums, song leaders and a LOT of energy!
See you @ 11:00am EVERY Sunday!