Dear Hope Members,
The Strategic Planning Council, in concert with Hope staff, has been continuously evaluating safety and health conditions to ensure Hope can continue with robust spiritual ministries while ensuring the health and wellness of its members. To that end, we pivoted all our services, small groups, and other ministries to a virtual format - allowing us to continue to be in community, even at a distance.
We have been overwhelmed by the support, continued engagement, and dedication of our members during this challenging and unprecedented time. Thank you!
As the State of Michigan continues to see improvement in efforts to contain the virus, the leadership team at Hope has started to imagine the return of some activities to an in person format. In order to safely do so, we envision a phased approach as outlined below.
Phase 1 - Starting June 2020 (this month)
- Small groups are permitted to meet in person with the understanding that they will observe proper social distancing guidelines. This can occur outdoors on church grounds, or in other outdoor spaces like parks and backyards. Please note, access to the church building including bathrooms will not be available.
- We encourage small groups and their leaders to choose to meet in whichever format best works for that group whether it be virtual, in person or a combination. All proper masks and social distancing protocols must be followed at all times.
Phase 2 - Starting July 2020
In-person, outdoor worship will begin July 12th at 11am with the understanding that all in attendance will follow social distancing guidelines and wear a mask.
- BYOC: Bring Your Own Communion AND Bring Your Own Chair.
- PEACE: In order to both curb continued spread of the virus as well as respect the comfort level of everyone, we will simply flash a peace sign as opposed to any mode of hand shaking, fist or elbow bumping.
- SINGING: There will be some...but you still have to wear a mask.
- BATHROOMS: Sorry…bathrooms will not be available yet.
- More details will follow as we get closer to that date.
The online video stream service will still take place on Sunday mornings at 9:30am in addition to the in-person worship service. Anyone who prefers the video stream service or who is at an increased health risk is encouraged to continue to watch the video stream. Worship in the way that makes the most sense for you!
The building is still closed until further notice. Why? Simply, we are not yet prepared to meet the ongoing recommended and necessary sanitation protocols for a facility of this size.
Phase 3 - TBD
Hope’s leadership will continue to evaluate conditions and will make plans with the goal of moving toward more in person operation if and when appropriate.
We continue to appreciate your ongoing support of ministries at Hope, and look forward to worshipping with you in person in the near future!
Strategic Planning Council of Hope Lutheran Church
Click here to download a copy of this letter