Service Team facilitates a connection between what it means to serve others and advocate for social justice as an essential part of being a follower of Jesus. The team organizes numerous projects and events throughout the year and supports a wide variety of charitable organizations. See our flyer "What is Service Team and What do they DO?".
Meetings: Service Team meets once a month on the first Tuesday from 7:00-8:00pm at HOPE:
- November 5th
- December 3rd
Events: Service Team's current events are (click each to find more details):
- October 25th, 5:00-8:00pm, Matrix Center Harvest Festival - READ MORE
- November 9th, 10:00am-2:00pm, Alternative Christmas Fair - READ MORE
- November 21st, 5:00pm, Matrix Center Thanksgiving Dinner - Details soon
- November 23rd, 9:00am-1:00pm, Packing Thanksgiving Day Baskets - Details soon
- December 7th, 4:30pm, Ladies Advent Tea, - Details soon
- December 21st, 8:00-10:00am (time tentative), Goodfellows Christmas Gift Delivery - Details soon
- December 21st, time to be determined, Salvation Army Bell Ringing - Details soon
- Refugee & Immigration Committee - LEARN MORE
Collections: Marked bins can be found in HOPE's Welcome Center.
- Special Collection - Fall and winter clothing for our sponsored New American Families...CLICK FOR A LIST
- Special Collection through October 25th - Halloween costumes in all sizes infant to Adult 3X for Matrix Center Harvest Festival
- Thanksgiving Food Collection - November 3rd-27th - Details soon
- Goodfellows Adopt-A-Family - November 24th, December 1st, December 8th (Sign up in Welcome Center) - Details soon
- Mitten Tree - Beginning November 10th - Details soon
- Neighborhood House - Peanut butter and jelly
- Active Faith - Canned meat (ravioli, chili, etc.)
- *Christian Library International (see below) - Devotionals, Bibles, Faith-Based DVDs, books, and other Christian learning materials (new and used)
- FirstStep - Cell phones (new or used) and chargers - Click Here to read a letter from FirstStep
- Heartline Women's Shelter - Regular and sample size toiletries, make-up, and basic care items
- Lion's Club - Eyeglasses (new and used)
- Ronald McDonald House - Pop top tabs
*Christian Library International - A New Ongoing Collection - For many, many years we have supported the prison ministry of a husband and wife team who ran Maranatha Prison Ministries out of their condo in Florida. Sadly, after living well into their 90s and making a huge difference in the lives of countless of the most marginalized people in our country, they have passed away this past year and their ministry has ended as well. Hope will now be collecting used and new devotionals, Bibles, faith-based dvds and books for a different prison ministry, Christian Library International. Please continue to place these items in the collection bin in the Welcome Center.
Update: Thank you for the VERY generous donations of school supplies. Items supported 7 New American children, Foster Closet of Oakland County, and Operation Common Good through the Farmington Public Schools.
Questions: Contact Jessica Beamer or call the office at 248-553-7170.