Service Team reports to the Pastor and the Strategic Planning Council (SPC) and facilitates a connection between what it means to serve others and advocate for social justice as an essential part of being a follower of Jesus. The team organizes numerous service projects throughout the year and supports a wide variety of charitable organizations through Service Days Out, Service Days (or Nights) In and a Service Center.
- Service Days Out - The team holds offsite service projects to support our surrounding communities. Events include sorting food, delivering gifts, serving breakfast and so much more.
- Service Days (or Nights) In - The service team hosts service projects at Hope Farmington Hills such as making hygiene kits for Church World Service, making pillowcases for South Oakland Shelter and a water walk event for World Vision to name a few.
- Service Center - Hope has several bins that are located in our Welcome Center year round for ongoing collections. Those collections include cell phones, toiletries, pop can tabs, bibles, eyeglasses, and food. Special items such as school supplies, socks, etc. are also collected at different times throughout the year to coordinate with the needs of the surrounding community.
Service Team also holds several annual projects including:
- Souper Bowl Sunday soup collection
- Mitten collection (November through February)
- Alternative Christmas Fair (second Saturday of November)
- Thanksgiving food collection for Neighborhood House (November)
- Goodfellows Christmas Adopt-A-Family collection (November-December)
- Goodfellows Christmas Gift Delivery (the Saturday before Christmas)
Interested in being a part of Service Team? We meet once a month on the first Tuesday from 7p-8p at Hope Farmington Hills. Everyone is invited to attend. If you'd like more information, please email Jessica Beamer, Service Team Leader or call Hope's office at 248-553-7170.