Service Team facilitates a connection between what it means to serve others and advocate for social justice as an essential part of being a follower of Jesus. The team organizes numerous projects and events throughout the year and supports a wide variety of charitable organizations. See our flyer "What is Service Team and What do they DO?".
- Summer Service Opportunity - Feed the Need in the City of Novi - Now through August 29th, Monday-Friday 11:30am-1:30pm. This is an opportunity to participate in the summer hot and bag lunched program for school-age children. If interested in volunteering during their operations (noted above), please go to feedtheneednovi.org or call 248-667-8007.
- Alternative Christmas Fair - November 9th from 10:00am-2:00pm... READ MORE
Collection bins can be found in HOPE's Welcome Center or in the hallway near the restrooms.
- Short-term Special Collection - Now through August 25th - New and gently used backpacks and new school supplies of all types. Items will be given to Feza, Antony, and Raphael (our New American friends) as well as the Livonia Public Schools for distribution to children in need of this assistance. Shop the sales and bring items into the collection bin in the Welcome Center.
- Neighborhood House - individual cups of fruit and applesauce
- Active Faith - boxed macaroni and cheese
- *Christian Library International (see below) - Devotionals, Bibles, Faith-Based DVDs, books, and other Christian learning materials (new and used)
- FirstStep - Cell phones (new or used) and chargers - Click Here to read a letter from FirstStep
- Heartline Women's Shelter - Regular and sample size toiletries, make-up, and basic care items
- Lion's Club - Eyeglasses (new and used)
- Ronald McDonald House - Pop top tabs
*Christian Library International - A New Ongoing Collection - For many, many years we have supported the prison ministry of a husband and wife team who ran Maranatha Prison Ministries out of their condo in Florida. Sadly, after living well into their 90s and making a huge difference in the lives of countless of the most marginalized people in our country, they have passed away this past year and their ministry has ended as well. Hope will now be collecting used and new devotionals, Bibles, faith-based dvds and books for a different prison ministry, Christian Library International. Please continue to place these items in the collection bin in the Welcome Center.
- Thank you to the people of Hope who put together 200 "Bags of Hope" to be given to those in need. If you would like bags now, please email Jessica Beamer. The bulk of the bags will be distributed in the fall. Any extra items not placed in bags have been donated to Heartline Women's Shelter.
Service Team meets once a month on the first Tuesday from 7:00-8:00pm at HOPE. Our upcoming meeting(s) are:
- September 17th @ 7:00pm
Contact Jessica Beamer or call the office at 248-553-7170.